Kumaru Decking™ is a lovely spectacle, but this beauty can be ruined by a few screw holes. This method of installation hides such unsightly blemishes using specially milled wood plugs.
1. Countersink 3/8" holes into face of deck boards.
2. Predrill 1/8" pilot holes completely through the deck boards.
3. Screw the deck boards down with stainless steel screws.
4. Glue ipe plugs into the holes with waterproof glue.
5. Knock off plug tops with a chisel.
6. Sand smooth with 80 grit sandpaper (a round orbit sander works great).
More Installation Methods: